The Residential Care sector employs 3,500 people locally. Employers tend to be larger with employment spread across 30 businesses in the borough.
– Residential nursing care activities
– Residential care activities for learning disabilities, mental health and substance abuse
– Residential care activities for the elderly and disabled
Care Home activities include:
• Supporting people with social and physical activities
• Booking and going with people to appointments
• Helping with personal care such as showering and dressing
• Supporting with eating and drinking
• Monitoring temperature, pulse respiration and weight. Possibly helping with medication
To become a carer, you can apply for a job directly, do an apprentice or volunteer or do work experience.